Skip to main content

Current Projects

So, current projects. There are plenty of them at the moment...

Knitting 1.
This is a shawl for me, using this pattern - Less is More from Ravelry. I'm about halfway done I reckon, and I'm really loving the texture that the yarn and pattern is creating. It got put on the back burner for a while as I was working on other things, but now it's getting a bit chilly, so I'm going to start working on it again so I have a scarf thing I can wear (to go with the billion other scarves and shawls I have).


Knitting 2.
This is a Christmas present for my best friend (he knows about it because he had to pick the colours). I've called it the "Pathfinder Fibonacci" as the colours match the colours we use for Pathfinder LARP, and the pattern is this Fibonacci sequence scarf, although I've added an extra step, so I'm going from 55, as he's a tall lanky bloke (this is causing some issues as I'm burning through wool at a rate of knots).
I'm about 20% through it, and the pattern is just starting to show properly (the photo isn't doing the colours justice really) and it's also just starting to get unwieldy to knit easily.

Sewing 1.
Squid mark 2, which is a Christmas present for another friend. Earlier in the year I made one of these squids, and she make squeaky noises about wanting one. I wasn't going to give mine away, so I'm making one in rich purple fleece with skull fabric as the sucker side of the tentacles. Sadly all that's cut at the moment is the skull fabric, so I haven't bothered taking any photos.

Sewing 2.
Cloak! This is a test run for Sewing 3. I don't have a photo easily to hand as I'm at work, and pictures are all on FB or my phone. It's based off this pattern, only I've given it a high collar rather than the capelet and hood (although for sewing 3 I do plan on making these as well). It's made from scraps so it looks a bit weird, but it will be going to club kit for LARP once I've finished the seams.

Sewing 3.
Red cloak! This is for my knight LARP character who has just passed her test of knighthood and so has now got a swanky red cloak and new armour. Sadly I botched the cutting due to measurements being in inches and me only having a cm tape measure, so I cut too big, which means I didn't have enough to make the capelet and hood. I'll survive. Again, I added a high collar.
This is still in pieces waiting to be sewed, but I need to clear off a bobbin (which will happen when I finish Sewing 2).

I've also got a skirt muslin that's been cut but which I can't be bothered to sew up at the moment, and half the fabric and the pattern for a bag.

I think that's everything? More photos to follow at some point soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some random things

    So I'm currently faffing around at work, waiting for a meeting that might not happen and trying no to go mad with the current project I'm working on (pro tip: don't make the English graduate computerise the electrical drawings. bad things happen) My pretty fabric for my post xmas present sewing showed up at work on Friday (when I was off doing xmas shopping in MK) so I didn't get it until today. It's so pretty! And I managed some impressive colour matching given I was working on my not very well calibrated work monitor! This is going to be tucked away until I'm done, so I'm not tempted before I'm done with presents.   I posted the other night about how much I love my seam ripper (there was an issue with squid, which will be covered in a post later when I can get all the photos in the right order, so, when I get home) and someone asked what it was, so I took this to illustrate the point. It sees a fair amount of use, and this weekend

Xmas present 3 - the squid

 This was the big one. The one that was going to the person whose opinion as a crafter I care about, and a person who has had a bit of a rough year. Thankfully, by some miracle, it all came together, although this was NOT without disasters.

Finish-a-long Quarter 2

Life, being what it is, I never signed up for Quarter 1. I didn't have a huge number of projects on the go, and I was not in a great place. But things are looking up now. And up, and up, if you're looking at the stack of unfinished projects, so without further ago, I present the list of stuff I would like to finish this quarter...