Skip to main content

Finished Object - Kylo Bean(ie)

Hi, my name's Beth and I have a very slightly ridiculous crush on Adam Driver. That's mostly irrelevant, because despite this yarn being called 'kylo ren' it is about as kylo ren-ish as a pumpkin.
Mostly, it's pink. I mean it's black and pink, but that is very definitely pink, and not red.


Who cares? Not me. Black and pink is an excellent combo, and it means when I turn up to the next fandom meet up I bother to show my face at, I'll have a silly hat.




I'm not actually sure how many of my hats I've blogged, but I have a lot. Not quite as many as I have shawls, but I am a fan of hats. They hide my hair and keep my ears warm.

This is a Favourite Knit Slouchy from Ravelry, which I'm going to be honest, isn't really a favourite. It's not a bad pattern, but it's a wee bit dull. Part of my displeasure at knitting this might have come from the yarn, but I'm not entirely sure.

The yarn is from GamerCrafting on Etsy, and it is nice. It's 100% cotton, which I've never knit with before. It arrived quickly, caked well, I had no problems with splitting or anything like that, and it's a gorgeous dye job. It always felt very slightly like it was leaving residue on my hands, but I'm chalking that up to it being cotton.

So, there's a hat, and the first of my Quarter 2 FAL pieces finished. Woo! I'm not sure if I'll knit this again, I'm more likely to go back to the Wurm pattern, which results in a slouchier hat, but this pattern isn't bad for slightly heavier weigh yarn.
I suspect some of the problem comes from me having too tight tension, and knitting on the smallest needles I could get away with (they were all I could find at the time)
On the whole, easy, brainless knitting that resulted in a decent beanie that will definitely get worn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some random things

    So I'm currently faffing around at work, waiting for a meeting that might not happen and trying no to go mad with the current project I'm working on (pro tip: don't make the English graduate computerise the electrical drawings. bad things happen) My pretty fabric for my post xmas present sewing showed up at work on Friday (when I was off doing xmas shopping in MK) so I didn't get it until today. It's so pretty! And I managed some impressive colour matching given I was working on my not very well calibrated work monitor! This is going to be tucked away until I'm done, so I'm not tempted before I'm done with presents.   I posted the other night about how much I love my seam ripper (there was an issue with squid, which will be covered in a post later when I can get all the photos in the right order, so, when I get home) and someone asked what it was, so I took this to illustrate the point. It sees a fair amount of use, and this weekend

Finished Object - Nudibranch Madness

There is no nudity in this post! Just sea slug awesomeness :D My first finish for the second quarter of the 2017 Finish-A-Long is my Nudibranch March Mini Madness shawl. Found here on Ravelry , this was an excellently quick and brainless knit, which I've managed to make obscenely colourful thanks to Mothy and the Squid's excellent nudibranch colourways. I'm trying to make an effort to have a bit more colour in my outfits, and this will brighten up anything I wear! It has a slight curvature where I bodged the tension adding the second mini skein of yarn, which I also added too early, but otherwise, a pleasing, lazy knit for lunchbreaks and evenings watching TV. I've been knitting a lot more recently; my sewing room is a mess and getting home in the evenings I just want to flake in front of trashy tv and not think too hard, rather than work around the piles of stuff lying around upstairs. I've spent a chunk of this bank holiday weekend trying to tidy up,

Finished Object: Triple Pouch

Good morning! The sun is shining and I know full well the weather is going to turn again this weekend, because it's England, but stuff it, I shall rejoice in the sun, however brief it is! This is actually a Finish Along Finish! Bet you thought there wouldn't be any of those! (I wasn't sure...) This is the Triple Pouch from Aneela Hoey's Stitched Sewing Organisers book. And it's terrifying! But it looks really cool.