Skip to main content

Finish Along- Quarter 4

I had one whole finish in Quarter 3. It turns out walking 5 miles every day for 3 months (and extra on weekends) really takes a lot of time and energy.
I made progress on things, but I also had a couple of swaps on the go, and ended up working on random bits and pieces. I also opened up BlueberryBits on etsy, which desperately needs more stock!

I might add photos later, but I'm busy as fuck at the moment with work, so err, it's just a list...

1. Star Wars zip up tray pouch - oh my god I will do this! I swear! I mean I'll probably sell it, but I swear I will!
2. Teal ponte cardigan - it's been moved downstairs so I can actually cut it out.
3. Makers Tote - this is going to be an xmas gift so I REALLY need to get on with it!
4. Pink sparrow Heidi clutch - this is going on etsy, I just need to finish the bloody thing!
5. Hitchhiker take 2 - this is nearly done. It's just been shoved somewhere.
6. Unicorn embroidery pouch - this is pissing me off as the design has rubbed off and I can't easily retrace it. A labour of "oh god I will get this done"
7. Death Star cushion cover - I've sized it up to be a 16 inch cover, I just need to quilt it and sew it together
8. HST cushion cover - this just needs the back sewing on. I could have got this done in Q3 but finishing the 1millionsteps got in the way
9. Meeple cushions - they will be done! The red one has been stolen by my friend's cat, so I ought to make the rest.
10. Sprite's Fen shawl - this is getting huge and annoying, but I'm 50% through the pattern in terms of yarn, and only have about 2 pages of pattern left.
11. Vila shawl - making good progress
12. Rune shawl - I have the pattern and the yarn is wound
13. Wishmaker shawl - I wanted this finished by the time pattern 6 comes out, but it's looking less likely
14. Familiar Shawl - yarn is wound and waiting for the pattern
15. Bat embroidery - for a swap, needs to be posted this weekend
16. Halloween mug - also for a swap that needs posting this weekend
17. Pokemon dicebag - commission for a friend, needs to be done by the end of the week



The "probably not, but you never know" list...
1. The Kitty Sampler quilt
2. Red Panda quilt
3. Wall hanging
4. Starting Point shawl

What else is going on this quarter, hmm... Well xmas, obviously, and that means handmade gifts. I've got one more swap I'm signed up for, I want to do the Stitched Sewing Organisers sew-along and there's talk of a Fancy Forest QAL on instagram that would be an excellent kick in the pants to get the pattern actually used (I've had it for ages)

And, y'know, NaNoWriMo. Still not sure if I'm doing that or not.

Comments

Ella said…
That's a list! I can't wait to see what you'll finish! On behalf of the 2017 FAL crew, thanks for participating!

Popular posts from this blog

Some random things

    So I'm currently faffing around at work, waiting for a meeting that might not happen and trying no to go mad with the current project I'm working on (pro tip: don't make the English graduate computerise the electrical drawings. bad things happen) My pretty fabric for my post xmas present sewing showed up at work on Friday (when I was off doing xmas shopping in MK) so I didn't get it until today. It's so pretty! And I managed some impressive colour matching given I was working on my not very well calibrated work monitor! This is going to be tucked away until I'm done, so I'm not tempted before I'm done with presents.   I posted the other night about how much I love my seam ripper (there was an issue with squid, which will be covered in a post later when I can get all the photos in the right order, so, when I get home) and someone asked what it was, so I took this to illustrate the point. It sees a fair amount of use, and this weekend

Finished Object - Nudibranch Madness

There is no nudity in this post! Just sea slug awesomeness :D My first finish for the second quarter of the 2017 Finish-A-Long is my Nudibranch March Mini Madness shawl. Found here on Ravelry , this was an excellently quick and brainless knit, which I've managed to make obscenely colourful thanks to Mothy and the Squid's excellent nudibranch colourways. I'm trying to make an effort to have a bit more colour in my outfits, and this will brighten up anything I wear! It has a slight curvature where I bodged the tension adding the second mini skein of yarn, which I also added too early, but otherwise, a pleasing, lazy knit for lunchbreaks and evenings watching TV. I've been knitting a lot more recently; my sewing room is a mess and getting home in the evenings I just want to flake in front of trashy tv and not think too hard, rather than work around the piles of stuff lying around upstairs. I've spent a chunk of this bank holiday weekend trying to tidy up,

Finished Object: Triple Pouch

Good morning! The sun is shining and I know full well the weather is going to turn again this weekend, because it's England, but stuff it, I shall rejoice in the sun, however brief it is! This is actually a Finish Along Finish! Bet you thought there wouldn't be any of those! (I wasn't sure...) This is the Triple Pouch from Aneela Hoey's Stitched Sewing Organisers book. And it's terrifying! But it looks really cool.